What is the manifestation of the crane wheel nibbling rail, and what are the undesirable consequences of this situation, we will take a look at this article.
First, the analysis of crane wheel bite
Usually there is a certain gap between the wheel rim and the side of the track, under normal operating conditions, they will not contact. However, sometimes the wheel does not run in the center of the track, so that the wheel rim and the side of the track are in contact (friction).
The manifestation of crane wheel bite rail phenomenon:
(1) There are marks on the side of the track or the inside of the wheel rim. In severe cases, there are burrs or iron chips on the marks.
(2) When the crane is traveling, the gap between the wheel rim and the track has changed significantly within a short distance.
(3) During the operation of the crane, the car body is skewed and the wheels are misaligned.
(4) When the cart is running, it will make a loud 'hiss' nibbling sound.
(5) When the biting track is particularly serious, the cart will emit a 'bang' sound and even climb the track.
Analysis of the phenomenon of crane wheel biting rail and the adverse consequences of this phenomenon
Second, the bad consequences caused by the crane wheel nibbling
(1) Shorten the life of crane wheels. Under normal circumstances, the crane wheels of intermediate-level (A4~A5) working grades can be used for more than 15 years; the wheels of heavy-level (A6~A8) and metallurgical cranes can be used for about 8 years. But for some cranes with serious bite, the wheels can only be used for 1~2 years or even months.
(2) Speed ??up track wear. The lateral force generated by the gnawing can shift the position of the track until it cannot be used.
(3) Increase the running resistance. Increase the power consumption of the motor and the transmission load of the mechanism.